Medical Assistant Programs at Everest
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities train more people to become medical assistants in the U.S. than any other institution. Medical Assistant programs at Everest feature hands-on instruction by qualified instructors who have real-world experience. And most of Everest’s Medical Assistant programs can be completed in as little as 8 to 10 months and offer flexible schedule options.*
Medical assistants are trained in both administrative and clinical procedures of a health care facility. Due to their training in pharmacology, laboratory procedures, patient care, and the health sciences, medical assistants are capable of filling a diverse range of roles in a health care facility.
Everest’s Medical Assistant programs provide training in:
- Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Patient Care and Communication
- Clinical Assisting and Pharmacology
- Digestive System and Nutrition
- Medical Insurance and Billing
- Cardiopulmonary and Electrocardiography
- Laboratory Procedures
- Endocrinology and Reproduction
- Medical Law and Ethics
The medical career field continues to grow, and health care professionals are relying much more on trained medical assistants to help them with the daily demands of a health care facility. Everest’s Medical Assistant programs help prepare students for entry-level employment in this exciting field!
Accreditation is very important at Everest. Every Everest College, Institute and University is institutionally accredited by one of a variety of accrediting bodies. In addition, many of the Medical Assistant programs are also programmatically accredited by either CAAHEP or ABHES. Our accreditations are important, because they mean the programs, facilities and instructors meet high industry standards, which can be important if you choose to take the AAMA or AMT certification exams.
Contact an Everest campus to find out more about specific institutional and programmatic accreditations.
Medical Assisting Opportunities
If your interest is to take a closer look at the health care industry, and especially the field of medical assisting, there’s an array of professions to consider, which include medical assistant, phlebotomist, medical records technician and more. There’s a great need to fill available positions for qualified medical assisting personnel from health care provider groups, medical doctors, clinics, and insurance companies.
Everest’s Medical Assistant program provides students with training in both the administrative and clinical procedures relative to health care facilities. Medical Assistant programs at Everest expose students to classrooms filled with interactive hands-on training in a variety of subjects like: health sciences, medical law, pharmacology, laboratory procedures, patient care and more. Our graduates, having graduated successfully and completed a medical assistant externship, are prepared to be competitive medical assistants in the health care industry from day one when they decide to launch their new career an entry-level professional.
Medical Assistant programs at Everest prepare students to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of body systems, subsequent injuries and illnesses associated with those systems
- Carry out diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Successfully perform relevant clinical responsibilities, which include preparing the patient for examination and administering medications as directed by physicians
- Help identify minor surgical procedures along with the ability to assist
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, medical transcription and insurance claim processing
- Successfully implement ICD-9 Coding and procedural terminology
If you've ever dreamed of working in the medical field, you should definitely consider training at one of Everest's Medical Assistant Programs.
*Note: Medical Assistant programs and specific program content varies by campus. Please visit the Medical Assistant Schools page to find a campus near you.