Digestive System and Nutrition Course
Digestive System, Nutrition, Financial Management and First Aid
The Digestive System, Nutrition, Financial Management and First Aid training teaches Medical Assistant students about the health care environment, office emergencies and first aid with an emphasis on bandaging techniques for wounds and injuries.
In this course, Medical Assistant students learn about:
- The medical assistant's role in emergency preparedness and assisting during and after a disaster
- Bookkeeping procedures, accounts receivable and payable, financial management, banking, and check-writing procedures essential to the successful operation of the medical office
- The administrative and clinical uses of the electronic health record.
- Good health, nutrition, weight control and strategies in promoting good health in patients
- Basic anatomy and physiology, common diseases and disorders, and medical terminology of the digestive system
Students in this Medical Assistant course spend time in a traditional classroom setting as well as in the school's clinical and computer labs.
« Back to Medical Assistant Program Overview