Endocrinology and Reproduction Class
Endocrine, Skeletal and Reproductive Systems, Pediatrics and Geriatrics
The Endocrine, Skeletal and Reproductive Systems, Pediatrics and Geriatrics course covers general anatomy and physiology, including an overview of the study of biology and the various body structures and systems.
In this course, Medical Assistant students study:
- The anatomy, physiology and functions of the skeletal, endocrine and reproductive systems
- The medical terminology associated with the endocrine, skeletal and reproductive systems
- Child growth and development
- The skills necessary to assist in a pediatrician's office
- How to take height and weight measurements of children
- The signs and symptoms of possible child abuse or neglect
- Human development across the life span
- Normal and abnormal changes that are part of the aging process
- The Medical Assistant's responsibilities related to the older person
Students in this Medical Assistant course spend time in a traditional classroom setting as well as in the school's clinical and computer labs.
« Back to Medical Assistant Program Overview