Medical Insurance and Billing Class
Health Insurance Basics, Claims Processing and Computerized Insurance Billing
The Health Insurance Basics, Claims Processing and Computerized Insurance Billing course introduces Medical Assistant students to insurance billing and provides an in-depth exposure to diagnostic and procedural coding.
In this course, Medical Assistant students study:
- Major medical insurance programs and claims form processing
- Types and sources of insurance, health insurance basics, traditional insurance plans, managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, military carriers, and Worker's Compensation and Disability insurance
- The ICD-9-CM, CPT-4 and HCPCS manuals, and their relationship to the process of insurance claims submission
- Billing and collections
- Patient confidentiality
- How to enter patient information and schedule appointments electronically
- How to process insurance claims manually and electronically
Students in this Medical Assistant course spend time in a traditional classroom setting as well as in the school's clinical and computer labs.
« Back to Medical Assistant Program Overview